Learning Management System
What is a learning management system?
A learning management system (LMS) is a type of computer software that streamlines education and training. Companies use LMS for employee training. Educational institutions use LMS for student instruction. Modern LMS generally include self-directed training courses or modules. Digital training is also called eLearning. An LMS allows HR teams to customize, manage and track employee training in a centralized location. The new hire training component is often integrated with onboarding or performance management software.
The first modern LMS appeared around 1990. Until the introduction of cloud computing, companies could purchase ready-made software or have custom LMS built for their organizations. In the past few years, many LMS companies have introduced a SaaS version of their products.
How large is the learning management system market?
The worldwide LMS market is growing rapidly. It is projected to increase from USD 13.4 billion (2020) to 25.7 billion in 2025.
“The major growth drivers for the market are increasing the adoption of digital learning, growing inclination towards, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy and enterprise mobility, extensive government initiatives for the growth of LMS, growing usage of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in LMS is increasing the significance of eLearning in corporate and academic setups. However, low motivation and engagement by organizations may restrain the market growth.” (MarketsAndMarkets)
What are the advantages of using an LMS for employee training?
As with all HR software, well-designed LMS provide multiple advantages:
- Eliminates the cost of live instructors
- Is easy to personalize
- Provides proven training content
- Doesn’t rely on expensive hard-copy materials
- Is easily scalable for growing companies
- Improves company culture which decreases expensive turnover
What types of tools does an LMS have?
- Content library – pre-written courses on general or industry-specific topics
- Alerts, scheduling, user information, completion tracking
- Content development – organizations can create their own content with or without templates
- Integration capabilities – the ability to sync with other HR software
- Mobile-friendly and mobile responsive – mobile LMS apps allow users to access training on smartphones and tablets
In “What is a Learning Management System (LMS),” Prarthana Ghosh of the HR Technologist includes LXQ,: The Learner Experience Quotient (immersive, experiential learning) and Blended Learning Frameworks (digital learning combined with live instruction).
Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) include LMS
An HRMS is a unified HR platform that contains integrated core and non-core HR functions. Many HRMS include LMS integrations. When your LMS integrates with other HR platforms, it streamlines onboarding, training and development, performance reviews and HR analytics.
What are the advantages of integrating a learning management system with your HRMS?
Let’s discuss specific benefits of an HRMS-LMS integration:
- Removes data silos that obscure the big picture
- Improves talent management analytics
- Eliminates redundant processes
- Employees receive personalized training
- Shorter new hire time-to-productivity
- Improved employee engagement
Simplify HR management today.
Simplify HR management today.
Onboarding is the process or action of bringing a new employee on board with a company. The process often includes a range of activities, some of which are performed by human resources professionals. These activities are designed to integrate a new hire, such as: Orientation An introduction to the company’s structure An outline of the…Read More
Human Resources Management System (HRMS)
What is an HRMS System? A Human Resources Management System (HRMS) is a suite of integrated software tools that perform Human Resources tasks. Each tool allows you to manage one or many HR processes in the employee life cycle. Whether the task is done daily or once a year, the HRMS performs and documents the…Read More