What Defines the “Best” in Applicant Tracking Software?
When choosing software, many companies want to know – who’s the best? Unfortunately for the shopping end-user, all vendors claim to be the best so you’re left figuring out for yourself which system truly is the best.
Here’s what you should be looking for:
When choosing a new applicant tracking software system, or evaluating your current one, efficiency is key. After all, software is developed to make your life easier – if it’s making your life harder, then it’s not fulfilling its end of the deal. Questions to ask yourself are:
- Is your applicant tracking software fast or slow?
- Are there frequent “time out” periods?
- If there are technical issues, is technical support easily accessible or do you need to wait an entire business day for a response?
- Is your applicant data accessible from anywhere?
- Are you able to perform basic recruiting functions?
At ApplicantStack, we offer free trials that allow our future end-users see just how functional our software is for their company, and how it fulfills efficiency expectations. Although we don’t require contracts or long-term binding agreements, some vendors do, so look for trial opportunities before getting into any binding agreements.
Actual time-saving features.
Time and efficiency go hand in hand. If the applicant tracking software you choose isn’t efficient, its clearly not saving you any time. Aside from the efficiency questions stated above, its important to ask yourself these questions when determining if your applicant tracking software is truly saving you time:
- Are features easy to use?
- Are there frills and features that aren’t useful that are just making the system bloated and harder to use and navigate?
- Does the software offer intuitive collaboration tools that makes communication with hiring managers more efficient?
- Does the software enable me to communicate?
Whether you’re a small business or large enterprise, cost is always a factor when choosing the right applicant tracking system. As a growing company, Applicant Tracking software is critical to ensuring you’re managing applicant data efficiently and safely, so it’s a good monthly investment to make. Make sure you ask yourself these questions:
- Is this something I can afford?
- Will I need budget approval for this?
- How long will the budget be approved? Quarterly? Yearly?
- Will rates ever change?
- What are start-up costs?
- Are there installation costs?
- Are there any hidden fees?
ApplicantStack offers pricing starting as low as $65/month which is good for smaller companies with fewer recruiting initiatives, but we still stay very competitive as the plans grow for larger corporations. We are extremely transparent in our pricing and don’t charge start-up costs common in the industry.
Simplify HR management today.
Updated July 12, 2021 An Employment Value Proposition (EVP) is an important employer branding tool. As such, an EVP can help you be more effective at attracting and retaining talent. What Is An EVP? Your EVP articulates the value you provide to your employees in exchange for their contributions. For example, they contribute their skills,…Read More
Updated July 5, 2021 Many companies are using recruiting texting in their hiring operations. The open rates for marketing texts are legendary. Some studies put the text open rate above 90%! Compare that with around 45% for emails. No Communication is More Immediate Consider this: if a person has set up texting notifications, they can…Read More