How Human Resources Saves Valuable Time
Addressing Human Resources Valuable Time:
Recently, I had an email exchange with a Human Resources Manager who indicated she was too busy to evaluate an applicant tracking system (ATS). As a former technical recruiter and someone whose colleagues are former HR professionals, I get it. The hundreds of resumes sitting on your desk and in your inbox, the mounds of paperwork, the countless email exchanges back and forth trying to schedule interviews with the candidate and team members, the feedback forms that require attention, the progress reporting to management, the thousands of other tasks that fill an already busy day…no wonder there isn’t any time. Most human resource professionals do not have a second of their valuable time to find the tools that can assist them. The amount of time it will take to research all the different options available, implement and learn a new system, and justify the expense are all items that I am sure my recent contact has been grappling with.
If knowing that taking out 30 minutes (a guesstimate at the amount of time it takes to initiate a free trial and post your first job ApplicantStack Getting Started Video [4:49] could potentially save hundreds of hours in the long run, why wouldn’t you do it?
Here are just a few of the problems that could be solved with an ATS
Problem 1: The hundreds of resumes sitting on your desk and in your inbox
- Save time by having all your resumes and applications organized and centrally located and easy to search via multiple criteria
- Use screener questions and scoring to focus on the top candidates
- Set up automatic email responses to candidates letting them know you received their resume and application
- Easily move the candidate through your recruiting process – workflows can be set up to mimic your current process
Problem 2: The mounds of paperwork
- Store all new hire and employee onboarding paperwork electronically
- Never worry about having out-of-date forms in different systems…it’s all stored and managed centrally
- Easily see what forms applicants have completed
- Create checklists to streamline the entire process
- Enable new hires to sign all state and federal forms, elect health insurance, view employee handbooks, watch training videos, and more before their first day of work
Problem 3: The countless email or phone exchanges trying to schedule interviews with the candidate and team members
- Easily use our scheduling feature that integrates with most calendars
- Allow candidates to also choose available times on your calendar eliminating calls or emails
- Enable all team members to arrange candidate interviews without your assistance
Problem 4: Collecting and managing Manager feedback
- Again, centralized in one spot
- Use the standard feedback forms or create your own
- Score/rate candidates so you can focus on the top-rated candidates in one convenient place for your team to review and make quicker job offers before your competitors do
- Build your own phone screen templates and reference check forms to store feedback and notes
Problem 5: The reporting on all the progress
- Use our standard reports to see which sources are providing the top candidates
- See how long it takes to fill a position and see if there are any bottlenecks that require attention
- Run EEOC reports to stay compliant
- See job workflow and candidate summaries, and so much more
Problem 6: The thousands of other tasks that fill an already busy day:
- You might have some time in your day to get to these now
Find out more about ApplicantStack by starting a free trial here.
Simplify HR management today.
Simplify HR management today.
DHS Announces I-9 Compliance Extension Through July 2023
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) recently announced the extension of the temporary I-9 verification option. The agencies cited ongoing precautions due to the pandemic. The temporary rule was initially announced in March 2020 and has been extended several times since then. The latest extension had been set to…Read More
5 Ways New Premium Texting Will Improve Hiring
Did you know that US smartphone users have 5x more text conversations than phone calls? It seems counterintuitive, because it generally takes longer to have a conversation via text than to make a simple phone call. But the truth is in the numbers – TEXTING RUNS THE WORLD. Recruiters can leverage the ease and popularity of…Read More