Fast, Remote Healthcare Employee Onboarding
Expediting employee onboarding is extremely important for many healthcare organizations right now. An HRMS or Time and Labor system with a new hire onboarding portal is quick, easy, and compliant.
In this article, we will focus on the New Employee Onboarding Portal.
An HRMS includes:
- Federal and state tax forms
- Benefits enrollment and plan information
- Employee handbook
- Payroll setup
- Completion confirmation
- WOTC application and filing
- Background and reference checks
Does it take a long time to get new employees up to speed?
When you hire a new employee, you want them to start contributing as quickly as possible. In hospitals, clinics, and senior care facilities, it’s never been more important to get employee onboarding right.
Manual onboarding can be a big pain. Structured onboarding with an HRMS improves engagement, retention, and your overall employer brand.
When your new hire accepts your offer letter, your HRMS emails them a link to the New Employee Onboarding Portal.
The portal walks them through all the paperwork. Your administrators can monitor task completion. The new employee can fill out all the paperwork at home before they arrive at work their first day.
WorkforceHub Onboarding now has Ethics and Code of Conduct training!
An essential part of onboarding is to train new hires on compliance and document their understanding and agreement to follow the policies. Millions of U.S. employers are turning to Learning Management Systems (LMS) for affordable and effective employee compliance training. Swipeclock is excited to announce a new partnership with Syntrio, a premier LMS and provider of business ethics training. The Syntrio Ethics and Code of Conduct Course is now integrated into WorkforceHub onboarding. Administrators can include the Syntrio ethics training as part of the new hire process. For more information, visit WorkforceHub.
Make the first day less stressful
Take away the stress of the first day by telling them in advance where to park and how to clock in. An HRMS onboarding portal can send them a welcome email with all pertinent first-day information.
Ensure their manager or someone on their team greets them at the door. Make sure everyone on their team introduces themselves the first day. Set up thdeir workstation before they show up.
Don’t cram everything into the first day or week. Instead, prioritize establishing a relationship over completing processes.
9 Employee Onboarding Key Findings
Onboarding is critical. And many U.S. employers don’t get it right.
- 31% of workers have quit a job after less than 6 months (SHRM)
- 53% of employees said they could do their job better with improved training
- Only 32% of employers have a formal onboarding program
- 56% of self-labeled ‘disengaged’ employees said they got poor training or no training at all
- 17.5% of employees said they didn’t understand what was expected of them until they had worked 90 days or more
- The cost of losing an employee can be twice the employee’s salary or more (LinkedIn)
- Onboarding has the second-highest business impact of all 22 HR practices (LinkedIn)
- Unhappy and disengaged workers cost the U.S. $483-$605 billion each year (Forbes)
- 44% of CFOs say poor hiring decisions greatly affect morale (Robert Half)
You can create a superior onboarding process with an HRMS. Improved onboarding will help new hires get up to speed quickly so your facility can care for increased patient loads now and in the future.
Simplify HR management today.
Updated September 19, 2022 What is an HR portal? An HR portal is the employee interface in a Human Resources Management System (HRMS). In the portal or dashboard, employees handle HR tasks. (An HRMS is an integrated suite of HR software tools.) If you aren’t using an HR portal, you are missing out. You could…Read More
Create a career path program and improve retention dramatically. Advancement opportunity is essential to employee engagement which is a major factor in retention. Therefore, a career paths program can fuel growth. And you’ll improve your culture as an added bonus. What is a Career Path? A career path is an advancement roadmap with short- and…Read More