How To Hire Your Next Employee Series: Candidate Screening
Welcome to our series How To Hire Your Next Employee: The Ultimate Guide. In today’s post, we describe how to do candidate screening with ApplicantStack.
Before we continue, let’s review where we are in the series:
- Create a Job Description
- Prescreening Preparation
- Post Job to Job Boards
- Candidate Screening
- Schedule Interviews
- Collecting Team Feedback
- Making Your Selection
- Extending The Job Offer
- Hiring Your Employee
Everyone wants to find the best employee. But finding that ideal person in a pile of applications can be daunting.
Manual candidate screening is one of the most difficult parts of hiring. How do you review hundreds of resumes and applications? How do you find the ideal applicant before your competition does?
What Are The Challenges of Manual Candidate Screening?
- Creating effective scoring criteria
- Isolating a pool of qualified candidates quickly
- Keeping track of applicants from multiple job boards
- Tracking each applicant in the hiring process
- Filtering out unqualified candidates
- Collaborating with your hiring team
Scoring applications with ApplicantStack is ridiculously efficient.
ApplicantStack shines a spotlight on the best candidates by automatically scoring them.
Manage Applicants in a Central Dashboard
All applications come into a central dashboard. ApplicantStack scores the applications based on your criteria. Immediately.
No more printing and sorting. Everything is digital and accessible wherever you and your hiring team are.
With ApplicantStack, you won’t have to:
- Print resumes and applications
- Sort through stacks of paper applications
- Worry about losing track of candidates
- Waste time on unqualified applicants
- Duplicate processes among your hiring team
Sort Applicants By Score
In the applicant dashboard, sort the applicants by score to see the highest scoring candidates at the top and the knockout candidates at the bottom.
Review The Applicant’s Summary and Resume
Select the top candidate on the list to review the candidate’s summary, source (where they applied from) and resume. You can also see how the score was calculated.
Move Applicants Quickly Through The Hiring Process
If the candidate is a fit for the job, send them to Manager Review. If not qualified, mark the candidate as Do Not Pursue. A candidate can also be fast tracked. Continue through the list to process all candidates.
ApplicantStack Auto Notifications
You can set up automatic emails to candidates as well as internal team notifications.
How Does ApplicantStack Expedite Candidate Scoring?
- Create questionnaires with custom scoring criteria
- Knockout questions eliminate unqualified candidates
- Identify a pool of top applicants quickly
- Assign tasks to hiring team members
- Checklists show where each applicant is in the hiring process
- Manage applicants from multiple job boards from a central dashboard
In our next post in the series How To Hire Your Next Employee: The Ultimate Guide, we will show you how to schedule interviews.
Simplify HR management today.
Updated July 12, 2021 An Employment Value Proposition (EVP) is an important employer branding tool. As such, an EVP can help you be more effective at attracting and retaining talent. What Is An EVP? Your EVP articulates the value you provide to your employees in exchange for their contributions. For example, they contribute their skills,…Read More
Updated July 5, 2021 Many companies are using recruiting texting in their hiring operations. The open rates for marketing texts are legendary. Some studies put the text open rate above 90%! Compare that with around 45% for emails. No Communication is More Immediate Consider this: if a person has set up texting notifications, they can…Read More